Fine sediment loads in rivers draining agricultural areas are a major problem in many parts of the world. The sediment impacts on the in river ecology, especially species such as salmon which lay eggs in the gravel beds.
This diagram shows the information flow within the model.
- Economic of Spatial Targeting
- Integrating sediment and nutrient risk in catchments
- March 2013 version of SCIMAP for SAGA-GIS
- SCIMAP: A history of the rivers trust movement and hydrological connectivity
- Comparing SCIMAP critical source areas to locally identified ‘hotspots’ from catchment walkover surveys.
- Applying the SCIMAP hydrological connectivity model in headwater agricultural catchments in Ireland