You can download the March 2013 version of SCIMAP for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons license. This version has the SCIMAP-Forward based calculations for fine sediment predictions, a method to buffer your catchment to prevent no-data leaking into you area of interest and the network index landscape scale connectivity calculations.
The differences between the ‘2011’ version on this version are:
- Network Index and erosion risk maps are now clipped to the extent of the source DEM
- Changed the default pit handling algorithm from pit filling to deepening drainage routes as this effects the DEM less and causes fewer artefacts.
- Removed the options to use the ‘baseline’ and ‘climate change 2080s’ Network Index to Connectivity mapping.
- Ensured that the naming of grids is consistent with ‘Surface Flow Index’ being replaced with ‘Network Index’
This version of SCIMAP will probably be the last for SAGA-GIS and future development will be on a web based platform.
If you want to use SCIMAP for commercial use, then please contact us.
SCIMAP is bundled with SAGA-GIS as the user interface and the GIS framework. It is based on SAGA 2.0 for Microsoft Windows Xp – Vista – 7 (32 bit). Since SCIMAP is not a currently funded project, it is not possible to update the software to the latest version of SAGA-GIS or create the 64-bit version. The software is provided ‘as is’, without any warranty, support beyond the training and information on this website.
There is extensive help on using SAGA-GIS user in the user forum at:
To download SCIMAP, please complete the form:
SCIMAP by Sim Reaney, Durham University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.scimap.org.uk.
- my.SCIMAP Training for Trent Rivers Trust by CaBA Support
- New SCIMAP paper on fine sediment in the River Esk, North Yorkshire, UK
- my.SCIMAP problems
- A New Era of Targeted Reforestation for Diffuse Pollution Risk Reduction using SCIMAP and UAV Technology to Determine the Spatial Distribution of Diffuse Pollution Risk in Lake Rawa Pening, Central Java, Indonesia – SCIMAP-UGM16
- Economics of Incentivising Spatially Targeted Policies Based on SCIMAP Risk Mapping – SCIMAP-UGM16
- Using the SCIMAP modelling framework to inform Water Sensitive Urban Design – SCIMAP-UGM16