You can download the 2011 version of SCIMAP for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons license. This version has the SCIMAP-Forward based calculations for fine sediment predictions, a method to buffer your catchment to prevent no-data leaking into you area of interest and the network index landscape scale connectivity calculations.
If you want to use SCIMAP for commercial use, then please contact us.
SCIMAP is bundled with SAGA-GIS as the user interface and the GIS framework. It is based on SAGA 2.0 for Microsoft Windows Xp – Vista – 7 (32 bit). Since SCIMAP is not a currently funded project, it is not possible to update the software to the latest version of SAGA-GIS or create the 64-bit version. The software is provided ‘as is’, without any warranty, support beyond the training and information on this website.
There is extensive help on using SAGA-GIS user in the user forum at:
Update march 2013: This verson of SCIMAP has been depreciated and replaced by the ‘March 2013 version’. Click here for the new version.
SCIMAP by Sim Reaney, Durham University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.scimap.org.uk.
- my.SCIMAP Training for Trent Rivers Trust by CaBA Support
- New SCIMAP paper on fine sediment in the River Esk, North Yorkshire, UK
- my.SCIMAP problems
- A New Era of Targeted Reforestation for Diffuse Pollution Risk Reduction using SCIMAP and UAV Technology to Determine the Spatial Distribution of Diffuse Pollution Risk in Lake Rawa Pening, Central Java, Indonesia – SCIMAP-UGM16
- Economics of Incentivising Spatially Targeted Policies Based on SCIMAP Risk Mapping – SCIMAP-UGM16
- Using the SCIMAP modelling framework to inform Water Sensitive Urban Design – SCIMAP-UGM16